Thursday, January 20, 2011

You Can't Live On Dreams

Since I wasn't sure what to blog about I decided to post a poem (that I had planed to turn into a song) that I wrote about one and a half to two years ago.

Dreaming's all I ever did till hard times hit. Always being broke, It seemed life had played a joke. How'd I ever end up like this.

You can't live on dreams, they won't buy you pretty things, they can push you to scheme and to try new things but you can't live on dreams.

Pacing back and forth, wondering what to do, I had so many dreams but my wallet held nothing. I suddenly realized you can't just dream the dreams, you have to turn them into the real thing.

Because, you can't live on dreams, they won't buy you pretty things, they can push you to scheme and to try new things but you can't live on dreams.

2 comments: